Saturday, January 7, 2012

One Week Countdown

Wow, I can't believe it is January and I'm leaving for Peru in one week! I'm so excited for what I'm sure will be an amazing experience but nervous too. As if traveling to another country by myself, being away from friends and family for four months, and doing my first major research project wasn't enough, I also have to do it all in Spanish! But I set myself up for this challenge and I know it will pay off. I'm so thankful to my supportive family and friends and I hope you all will read my blog and stay in touch!

Oh and in case anyone is wondering about the title of my blog, Puno, where I'll be living, is 12,400+ feet above sea level. That's why next week I'm headed to Cuzco where, at a "mere" 10,000 feet, I hope to acclimatize and brush up on my Spanish before heading to Puno.

No comments:

Post a Comment